We had heard that Sony S1 and S2 would launch in September and it looks like Sony S1′s release is at least confirmed along with a final christening. According to engadget, Sony will be releasing Sony Tablet S (aka Sony S1) in the first two weeks of September.
The PlayStation certified tablet with its folded magazine design will ship with Android 3.1 on board with the promise of an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade when the version comes out. Sony S1 has been spotted in teaser videos, clicks, and hands-on videos across nations. We’ll list out all the things this lovely tab will feature:
· 9.4-inch 1280x768p LED-lit TruBlack display for more vibrant colors, deeper black, and lesser glare
· 1GHz Tegra 2 dual core processor
· 1GB RAM
· 5mp rear camera for photo and video capture and 3mp front camera for video chatting
· Universal IR remote control capabilities for TV, Blu-ray Player, DVR, and other home entertainment devices
- “Throw” compatible music, movies, and images on TV/AV devices (non-Sony too) with DLNA support
- Quickview enhancement for better browsing
- Quick Touch Panel
- Preloaded PlayStation games
- Support for SD memory cards (up to 2GB) and SDHC memory cards (up to 32GB)
- Music Unlimited with over 6 million songs
- Video Unlimited (rent or purchase)
- Reader Store
Sony Tablet S looks like a tab worth waiting for. Hopefully, it will ship with a price that’s pocket friendly too. I’m not sure which one I’m excited over more – Sony Tablet S or S2. Hope the dual screen tab will release the same month as well.